Ruby or manik is red / pink color gemstone associated with the planet sun. In astrology the sun is the king, father, authority, administrator. So ruby is known as the king of gemstones.
Benefits of wearing Ruby
- By wearing the stone, one can get commanding power, authority, fame, leadership quality and confidence.
- Ruby is a hard gemstone after diamond like any sapphire. It helps achieve success in life, relationship and love.
- It helps to overcome the health problems related to eyesight and blood circulation.
- It can be worn during the major periods of Sun as it helps to get rid of malefic effect of sun.
- It is highly beneficial for those who are in politics, govt jobs, want to succeed in competitive exams.
- It helps to remove fear, stress and depression by enhancing the power of self confidence and communication skill.
- It protects the wearer from obstacles, negativity, evil eyes by giving good health and mental strength.
Properties of Ruby
Price: 5000 - 10000 INR per carat.
Quality of Stone : Untreated, Natural and Government Gemstone Laboratory approved.
Name of the Stone: Ruby or Manik in hindi
Color of the Stone: Natural red or pink
Shape of the Stone: Oval and rectangular shapes are Available.
Origin of the Stone : Burma, Bangkok
Dimensions of the Gem Stone: Varies with size.
When one should wear Ruby
- This pink or red dynamic stone, is related with the planet sun. It is worn to get beneficial effect from Sun.
- Ruby gemstone is the birthstone for people born in july month and sign Leo.
- This gem is also recommended to wear if pitra dosha is present in birth chart.
- Ruby is beneficial to wear when sun major period is going on to get the blessing of sun and avoid malefic effect of sun.
- Please read more on problem on wearing defective ruby
How to identify original Ruby
This is a hard gem. It is a gemstone representing royalty and wisdom. It can test the originality of the stone simply by following some easy eye tests.It . Please read more on "How to identify real Ruby".
Wearing and worshipping Ruby
- Ruby can be worn 3 to 6 carat depending on the body weight of the wearer
- It can be worn either in gold or bronze metal as a ring or pendant try to make the ring in such a way that it should touch the body while wearing.
- It should be worn on the ring finger of right hand.
- As this is the stone for sun, sunday early morning is the most preferable day and time to wear this gem.
Proper puja/worship should be done before wearing this stone. Like wash the ring with pure water or gangajal then with honey and put it in unboiled milk to remove the impurity of the stone. Then offer incense stick, flower, fruit as prasad, then chant surya mantra for minimum 27 times to get the blessing of sun. After completing this procedure offer water or milk to sun, facing towards sun east side. then wear the stone