Precaution While Wearing Rudraksha
Rudraksha is a divine gift from Lord Shiva to the mankind. Rudraksha helps human being to combat miseries and sorrows. These divine beads can be worn by anybody irrespective of age, sex, caste, creed, culture and location. Certain precautions may be taken while using Rudraksha.
- Wearer should make sure of the type of Rudraksha which is most suitable for him. Wearer may analyze his zodiac sign, problems or desires for which Rudraksha is required.
- While Purchasing Rudraksha wearer should make sure that he is purchasing genuine Rudraksha only otherwise he will not get the desirable effects. Purchase Rudraksha from the authentic source (www.ommrudraksha.com is the most trusted and No-1 Certified Rudraksha supplier) and not from any street vendors.
- While wearing Rudraksha for the first time, it can be worn on any day which wearer feels auspicious for him. It is advisable for a proper Puja (Pran Pratishta) to be done before wearing Rudraksha for the first time (to get the maximum beneficial effects).
- Rudraksha can be worn around the neck (as a mala or pendent) or around the wrist as a bracelet. It can also be kept in the Puja room. Rudraksha can be used for japa.
- Rudraksha mala, bracelet or pendent can be made using gold, silver or even a strong thread preferably of red color. White and Yellow colored thread also suitable.
- Rudraksha mala can be cleaned after it become dirty, using warm water and mild liquid soap. One should never use very hot water.
- Wearer may apply mustered oil/ sandalwood oil to the Rudraksha bead so that they remain shiny and perfumed. Rudraksha beads can be stored for years if a proper care and cleaning is done. If protected from getting physically damaged, these beads can be passed on from one generation to another.
- Wearer may wear more than one Rudraksha bead of the same mukhi. Alternately he can also wear a mala/ bracelet having a combination of various mukhi Rudraksha.
- Rudraksha beads are natural product. They vary in their size and colors even if they are identical in Mukhas (facets). However this variation of size and color may dose decreases the effectiveness of Rudraksha bead/ Rudraksha mala.
- Children may not wear one mukhi Rudraksha.
- Rudraksha may not be worn while attending a funeral.
- Some people practice as keeping the Rudraksha in Puja place before going to sleep and wearing the same next morning only after taking a bath. It is acceptable.
- Females may avoid using Rudraksha when nature is at its work.
- Family members should not keep interchanging Neck Malas, Japa Malas or Rudraksha beads. The bond created between a wearer and Rudraksha is very private and hence the wearer must not share her/his Rudraksha with others. But it can be willed and passed on to the next generation.
The above precautions can be taken by the wearer while wearing rudraksha.